A workshop on “Vision, Mission and Goal Statements” was organised by Manipur Technical University under the sponsorship of TEQIP-III on 23rd August2019 at the conference hall of the university.
Highlight of the workshop
Date: 23rd August 2019
Time: 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Venue: Conference Hall, Manipur Technical University, Takyelpat, Imphal
Mode of the event: Presentation
- PROF. (DR.) BHARATKUMAR BHAGATRAJ AHUJA (DIRECTOR COEP)
- PROF. (DR.) MUKUL S. SUTAONE (DEPUTY DIRECTOR COEP)
- V.N. PANDE (TEQIP-III COORDINATOR, COEP)
- Dr. Biraj Sougaijam, Assistant Prof. and Head, ECE Dept., Manipur Technical University, Takyelpat.
- Merin Loukrakpam, Assistant Prof., ECE Dept. and Procurement Nodal Officer, TEQIP-III, Manipur Technical University, Takyelpat.
- All the faculties of the Manipur Technical University
About the event:
A Mission Statement defines the university’s purpose, its objectives and its approach to reach those objectives. A Vision Statement describes the desired future position of the company. Elements of Mission and Vision Statements are often combined to provide a statement of the university’s purposes, goals and values. The vision, mission and goal statements of the University were framed. The workshop was sponsored by the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme – III, under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India. The workshop was conducted as a Twinning Activity with our mentor institute, College of Engineering Pune.
The workshop on “Vision, Mission and Goal Statements” was successfully organised and conducted on August 23, 2019. The resource persons from our twinning mentor, College of Engineering Pune delivered their expert lectures and shared much valuable information. The workshop not only achieved its aim but also helped in strengthening the relationship with the mentor institute and also increased our twinning activity.
Overall feedback of the participants reflected that the workshop achieved its objectives and met their expectations.
Event Outcome with concluding remarks:
“To be the University Par Excellence, in the North Eastern Region of the Country, distinguished for its Locally and Globally Relevant Innovative Academic Programs, with Learner Centric Value based Transformative Education”
- To Develop and Deploy Innovative Academic Programs with Local and Global Relevance
- To Exercise and Exert for Inclusive but Robust Quality-focused Teaching Learning Process
- To Design and Deliver Knowledge, Values & Skill-focused Curriculum towards grooming Students as Life-Long-Learners
- To groom learners as innovators and entrepreneurs.
“S L I C E”
- Character building
- To affiliate ten engineering institutions in the state.
- To improve student enrolment to the tune of 100% of existing strength.
- To establish at least two centres of excellence and allied PG and PhD programs.
- To achieve student-teacher ratio of 15:1.
- To get 100% academic programs accredited.
- To achieve all TEQIP benchmarks.
- To introduce two skill focussed PG Diploma Programs (multidisciplinary.)
- To have at least 10 industry MoUs across departments every year.
- Every faculty to publish at least 1 contributed paper in peer reviewed journal each year.
- 10% of graduating students to pursue higher studies and/or opting for entrepreneurship.