A one day workshop on “MSME Schemes, Programmes for Industry setup and funding” was organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering on 30th of January at MTU academic building, Polytechnic Campus. The workshop is sponsored by TEQIP-III.
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. MSME tailors more labour-intensive enterprises at low costs. The workshop was divided into two sessions. The first session of the workshop will provide the opportunities for learning about the various schemes and programmes under the Government of India by offering individuals formal training, business plan development, guidance and follow-up during their own business idea implementation using the aids of MSME. The second session focuses on how to develop an idea to a viable project or a start-up, securing, procuring and funding options. The aim is to help enable the students to understand the importance of self-sustenance and employability.
- Mr T N Singh
- Dr Nongmeikapam Kishorjit Singh
Dept. of CSE
- Role of MSME in Entrepreneurship development
- MSME Schemes and Programmes
- The necessity for quality and standardization
- Funding and support
- Start-up initiation, procurement and planning
- Entrepreneurial need and generation of start-ups from an idea
- Discussion on how computer science engineering graduates can develop their own idea to a successful start-up company.