Session Name: One-Day IPR Awareness Program Session Speaker: Mr. Shubham Harsh Singh (Examiner of patents and designs),
(Group A gazetted), DPIIT, Govt. of India. Session Date: 30-06-2022 Speaker Biodata: Shubham Harsh Singh, graduated from Rajkiya Engineering College and
an experienced software engineer is an Examiner of Patents & Designs (Group ‘A’ gazetted)
from Departments for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce &
Industry, Govt. of India.
1. To set up and maintain the services for researchers, Faculty members and students for effective commercial utilization of intellectual property generated at University in the interests of all concerned and to oversee the fair distribution of the returns accruing as an outcome of the patent in accordance with the policy and its amendments.
2. To promote safeguarding of the intellectual property interests of all those who are involved in the creation of intellectual property at the University.
3. To develop the environment of freedom for research & development, the discovery of new knowledge & innovation in order to achieve the educational mission of Manipur Technical University, Imphal.
1. Students were taught on how IPR restricts copying others ideas and how this will help the development of new ideas for the betterment of the society.
2. Students learnt how IPR provides total control over a new innovation and its creator. They were also given a platform to discuss how small innovations influence societies at large and how they should indulge in innovating and patenting ideas that will be useful for all the classes of individuals in the society.