An Industrial Visit to Leimatak power house was organized by the Departments of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, Manipur Technical University, sponsored by TEQIP-III on 2nd November, 2019.
About the event
Departments of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering have organized a one day Industrial Visit to the Leimatak power house under NHPC Ltd. Which is 38 km away from the University. A team of 45 members comprise of 36 students, 6 faculty members and 3 other subordinate staffs joined the industrial visit.
- Date:2nd November, 2019
- Time: 9: 00 am to 3:00 pm
- Venue: Leimatak power house under NHPC Ltd, Leimatak, Manipur.
- Mode of the event: Industrial Visit
- Participants: Students of Semester of EE department and 5th and 7th semester students of ME department
Aim and Objective
To understand the construction, operation and control of the hydro-electric power generation.
Mr. Mohanbemo Nguille (SM, Electrical), NHPC Ltd.
- Haobam Jaillendro Khuman, Assistant Professor and Head, Dept of EE, Manipur Technical University and
- Yengkhom Milannar Singh, Assistant Professor and Head, Dept of ME, Manipur Technical University
The students have gained the practical knowledge and also got the exposures to the real-life working environment of hydro-electric power generation which will make them ready and prepared themselves as per the industry requirement. The event was successfully held and the students were satisfied with such an industrial visit. They suggested to go more such industrial visit in the near future.