Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC-MTU)
Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
|1||ROADSHOW ON MANIPUR TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION HUB||17-11-2022|
|2||ONE DAY FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME ON IMPACT OF NEP 2020 AND ACCREDITATION OF HEI||18-08-2022|
|3||ONE DAY AWARENESS PROGRAM ON THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT||30-06-2022|
|4||WEBINAR ON BAMBOO CARBON FIXATION AND CARBON CREDIT||24-06-2022|
|5||WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY CELEBRATION||05-06-2022|
|6||ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON EMPLOYMENT THROUGH INTRAPRENEURSHIP||04-06-2022|
|7||ONE DAY WEBINAR ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AWARENESS PROGRAM||20-05-2022|
|8||INTERNAL HACKATHON FOR SMART INDIA HACKATHON 2022||20-05-2022|
|9||ONE DAY SEMINAR ON MY STORY: MOTIVATIONAL SESSION BY SUCCESSFUL ENTERPRENEURS||11-05-2022|
|10||WORKSHOP ON DESIGN THINKING, CRITICAL THINKING AND INNOVATION DESIGN||16-02-2022|
|11||WORKSHOP ON ACHIEVING PROBLEM-SOLUTION FIT & PRODUCT -MARKET FIT ON 16TH FEB 2022||16-02-2022|
|12||WORKSHOP ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILL, ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOR DEVELOPMENT||08-02-2022|