Five days Workshop on Microelectronics and VLSI Technology was organised by the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MTU under TEQIP-III.
Highlight of the workshop
Date: 26th to 30th August 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Venue: Conference Room, MTU, Imphal
Mode of the event: Presentation and demonstration
- UttamKumar Ningthoujam, Managing Director Elveego Circuits Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore
- Anup Dandapat, Associate Prof., NIT Meghalaya
- T.R Lenka, Asst. Prof. NIT Silchar
- Imopishak Thingom, Scientist D, NIELIT Imphal
- Ashish Ranjan, Asst. Prof., NIT Manipur
- Nagesh Ch., Asst. Prof., IIIT Manipur
- Gaurav Saxena, Asst. Prof., IIIT Manipur
- Soumyajit Poddar, Asst. Prof., IIIT Guwahati
Dr. Biraj Shougaijam and Mr. Merin Loukrakpam, Department of ECE, MTU
- 3rd, 5th and 7th semester students from ECE, MTU
- Diploma students from NIELIT, Imphal
- PG students from NIT, Manipur
About the workshop
The workshop was conducted in 10 sessions comprising of various topics with an emphasis on the fundamentals of simulation, modelling and fabrication of electronic devices along with the recent trends and research avenues in microelectronics and VLSI design.
Aim and Objective:
- To impart the fundamentals of VLSI design methodology along with the concepts of ASIC full-custom and semi-custom design.
- To discuss the recent trends in VLSI technology with an emphasis on current research avenues.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to interact with experts from both academics and industry.
- To open new avenues of research and applications, in the field of Microelectronics and VLSI technology for UG, PG students.
The workshop was conducted in 10 sessions with experts from Industry, academia and NIELIT. The highlights of the workshop were
- Modeling and simulation of microelectronic devices.
- Fabrication techniques of flexible solar cell and biosensors.
- Low power low cost memory design.
- AI hardware for VLSI and Embedded Systems.
- Recent trends in analog and digital VLSI design
Students from MTU (3rd, 5th and 7th semester ECE), few diploma students from NIELIT and PG students from NIT, Manipur participated in the workshop. The experts delivered the lectures in the form of presentation with few sessions dedicated to demonstration using hardware.
Group photo with expert (Dr. T. R. Lenka, Asst. Prof., Dept. of ECE, NIT Silchar) along with the students and organizers
Event Outcome with concluding remarks
The students learned about the fundamentals of VLSI design flow as well as simulation and modelling of microelectronic devices like MEMs devices, HEMT device and Bio sensors. Students also had the exposure to hardware like FPGA for simulating AI applications.